Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Entry of the Semester

Well, I guess I should start out with the common things I can think of. My name is Samantha, but people call me Sammie. I don't really care what you want to call me because I'm certainly not picky about my name like some people are.

I'm 19 years old, and this is my sophomore year in college. I started out at Viterbo University studying to be an Art Education major, but quickly changed my mind when I realized they were cutting art programs and teachers were losing their jobs quickly, to a much safer field and something I would love to be able to do, but never though I'd be smart enough. So here I am now, attending Western Technical College to become a Paramedic!

I completed my EMT training this last year during the spring semester when I transferred from Viterbo. I'm one test away from getting my EMT license which I have not had the time to travel the long roadtrip to Eau Claire or Rochester to take. I'm almost nervous to get a job as an EMT because I'm not used to the idea of having peoples' lives in my hands, and I kind of freak myself out, with the negatives such as, if I forget my training, or what if I'm not sure what to do and my partner thinks I'm not good enough to do my job. Its kind of stressful but I'm dealing.

While I'm working through my inner thoughts I work at the great Wal-Mart! Some people hate it some people don't, but its a job and I'm just glad to have started there recently; and have gotten away from Chuck E Cheese which I worked at for 2.5 years. The people were awesome and the work was easy sometimes, but there was too much drama for a workplace, it was really unfair to its employees, and the pay sucked. I miss it sometimes just because I don't know anyone at wal-mart all that well yet, so its 8 hours of quiet shifts, ringing up your groceries. Boring, I know.

I'm a single mom, to the most beautiful little boy Aiden Matthew Horstman! He's my life, and I don't think I could get through the days without him! I'll probably talk about him a lot throughout my posts and that's kind of why I titled my post the way I did. Trial & Error, to me means the things I try to get through and how I try to take care of my child on my own, with the amazing help and support of my family, but obviously I'm nowhere near perfect and thus includes the error to my ways. Aiden is 16 months old, he was born on March 27, 2008. He was 19 in. long and weighed 6lbs 5oz. He was soo little and I deifnitely miss that some days when hes being a hyper little monster. He loves to get into trouble and thinks its funny to be told no. I'll add on some pictures to show you of him. He's my "little ginger" and I call him Bubba.












Heres a picture of me the night before my c-section. I was so nervous and excited knowing I was finally going to have my baby told hold the next morning! I couldn't sleep, even though I knew I'd need it. My best friend stayed with my that night and she kept saying, "Sammie go to sleep!" but I just couldn't I kept talking about my little boy!!










To the left is a picture of him in the hospital! It's my favorite picture I have of him. He was so small, I couldn't believe it!














5 months old and starting to crawl already.






















Although, he seemed like a much slender baby than most, he didn't go through a chubby faze. When I found this picture I just started to laugh, I couldn't believe he has actually be a cute chubby baby once, like the ones I see with their parents and Chuck E Cheese and Wal-Mart!









Heres my big boy! I couldn't imagine a greater kid! Except, when hes being the dangerous little dare-devil hes started to become. Climbing up things and jumping off. I worry I'm going to be having this little boy put into a cast one of these days! Then he'll really drive mommy crazy with his boredom!






And finally I'll post one more picture since I seem to have plenty on here, and class is almost over, so I'm running out of time!

I got my second tattoo for my little boy! Its on my left shoulder! Heres a picture!!


See you later!

3 comments:

  1. Cute pics. He looks like he's smiling. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, my niece was born the same day as your Aiden. She was born March 27, 2008 at 3 in the morning. She was born 19 inches and 9 pounds even. Her name is Shylee Ann and she was allowed to stay the night in my sister's room (instead of a nursery as I thought she would). I barely slept a wink that night, because every sound Shylee made I was at her side making sure she was alright. My sister probably got the best sleep of all of us that night.

    ReplyDelete